The 14th of May 2017, a day that every Spurs fan will remember whether we win, lose or draw. The day that White Hart Lane will showcase Tottenham Hotspur for one last time. White Hart Lane’s atmosphere is like no other and it’s also a place us Spurs fans call home. I have many fond memories at the famous Lane, the 5-1 victory against Arsenal in the Semi-Final in 2008 was something special. As a 9 year old, going to school with your team beating your rivals was massive, the bragging rights went on until the two teams faced again. We went on to win the Carling Cup that year as we beat Chelsea in the Final at Wembley.
I’ve never left a stadium with not being able to talk until the 22nd of November 2009. That night we welcome Wigan Athletic to the Lane. A night full of goals, Jermaine Defoe scored five goals in the second half as we sealed a comfortable 9-1 win. Another personal favourite was the 5-3 win against Chelsea on New Years Day in 2015. Harry Kane made Terry look like a League 2 defender. That’s when I started to believe we were on the up and Mauricio Pochettino was the right man at the helm.
Many have asked “What is your favourite game at White Hart Lane?” This was a difficult question. There has been many electric games under the lights at the Lane but this one stood out , my favourite game is the Champions League game where Jose Mourinho’s Inter Milan came to the Lane. This is when we knew Gareth Bale was on a different level, this is when we knew that Gareth Bale was a winner.
So, we move on to the game itself, the Manchester United game. A team that is broken, this Manchester United side in recent weeks just isn’t the Manchester United we have feared for years. United currently sit in 6th place in the Premier League table. A win today will see them go one point behind Arsenal in their fight to secure Champions League football. I look at the team that Jose Mourinho puts out and I don’t see the passion anymore, I don’t see a team of winners. Home grown Marcus Rashford is one of the reasons why Manchester United still have a chance of playing in the Champions League next year. Rashford stretches the pitch when they’re in possession, this means that he’ll look to go in behind of the opposition’s back four and create dangerous attacks.
Mauricio Pochettino will not have to tell the players how big this game is. Not only is this game the last game at White Hart Lane but it’s a chance to keep our unbeaten streak at White Hart Lane, our home of football. Pochettino and the players have built a fortress, something that will carry on for years. This side will go on to be winners in every competition because of their footballing ability, attitude and passion. This Spurs side is something special, something I didn’t see before Mauricio Pochettino took charge. I certainly believe we’ll be dominant in this game, I’m expecting a 3-4-2-1 formation to be played so we can really stretch Manchester United’s back line. I’m going for a 3-0 win today, Harry Kane with 2 and Christian Eriksen to get the other.
- @shiny_son7- “My favourite moment was the 5-3 win against Chelsea on New Years Day. My starting 11 would be: Lloris, Dier, Alderwerireld, Vertonghen, Walker, Wanyama, Dembele, Davies, Alli, Eriksen, Kane. I think we’ll win 3-0, Kane x2 and Alli.”
- @mjchase100- “My favourite White Hart Lane memory is walking out as a mascot in 2008 against West Ham United. I wanted to walk out with Berbatov but instead, I walked out with Alan Hutton. We won 4-0 against our arch rivals. My starting 11 for today would be: Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Wanyama, Son, Alli, Eriksen, Kane. I predict that it’ll be like last year, very slow in the first half with Manchester United frustrating us and then all of sudden we get it going. I’m going with a 2-0 win with Kane breaking his duck against United and Alli getting the other.”
- @jacksonramp11- “My favourite White Hart Lane memory is when I was 14, I visited England from Louisville. I was playing for Chicago Fire and we toured White Hart Lane. Seeing the dressing room and the stadium we call home was amazing. My starting 11 for today would be: Lloris, Dier, Alderwerireld, Vertonghen, Walker, Wanyama, Dembele, Davies, Alli, Eriksen, Kane. My score prediction: 3-1 Spurs! Kane, Alli and Alderweireld. COYS!”
- @benboorman21- “My favourite memory would be beating Chelsea 5-3 on New Years Day in 2015. My starting 11 would be: Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Alli, Kane. My score prediction: 3-1 Spurs.”
- @AlexKyri_- “My favourite White Hart Lane moment has be to when we beat Arsenal 5-1 in the Semi-Final of the Carling Cup. We went on to win the Carling Cup that year. I’m predicting a 1-0 win for Spurs.”
- @mjgspurs- “Starting 11: Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Alli, Kane. I’m going with a 3-1 win.”
If you would like to feature in my next article, make sure you send me a message on Twitter (@TylerRose__).
COME ON YOU SPURS!