National League Round-Up | Matchday 3 (12th August)

National League Round-Up | Matchday 3 (12th August)

Last update: 14 August 2017 Tags: National League. Categories: Featured, National League.

ALDERSHOT TOWN have cemented their place at the top of the Vanarama National League, as the second weekend of the competition came to a close.

The Shots thrashed GUISELEY AFC 6-0 to maintain their 100% start to the season, although manager Gary Waddock has said that no-one should get 'carried away'.

Goals from Reynolds, Kellerman, Fenelon, Rowe and a brace for Matt McClure meant the Shots became the last remaining team to have a 100% record.

EBBSFLEET UNITED salvaged a late point at Stonebridge Road against fellow promoted side, AFC FYLDE.

Fylde led 2-0 inside 15 minutes, with goals from Henry Jones and Danny Rowe. Despite this Ebbsfleet responded just three minutes later, when Kenny Clark headed home.

The Fleet were level on 28 minutes, thanks to Danny Kedwell's second goal of the season. This didn't last too long, however, as Fylde went back in front through Sam Finley, giving the Coasters a 3-2 lead at the break.

Ebbsfleet left it late but Andy Drury's effort on 89 minutes maintained the Fleet's unbeaten league record in 2017 and sent the Coasters home heartbroken.

A brace from Corey Whiteley helped DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE to an away draw at EASTLEIGH.

The league's top scorer opened the scoring for the Daggers, before two Ben Williamson goals in two minutes on half-time meant that the Daggers found themselves 2-1 down.

Whitely scored his fourth of the season in the 74th minute, from the penalty spot, to level the game and maintain Dagenham's unbeaten start to the season.

MAIDENHEAD UNITED made club history as they recorded their first ever win in the fifth tier.

A brace from Dave Tarpey helped them to a 2-1 victory over relegated HARTLEPOOL UNITED, in front of the BT cameras. An 87th minute penalty was not enough for the Pools to salvage anything, as they continued their shocking start to the season, picking up just one point from nine.

LEYTON ORIENT responded from their poor opening day performance against Sutton by recording two wins in four days, including Saturday's 2-0 victory over MAIDSTONE UNITED.

David Mooney's header on the hour mark and Romuald Boca's late finish gave the O's all three points and lifted them to 4th.

TRANMERE ROVERS lost their first game of the season, at the hands of Craig Dundas and SUTTON UNITED.

Dundas' 32nd minute strike lifted the South London outfit to 5th whilst Tranmere slipped to 13th, despite pre-season expectations of an excellent start.

TORQUAY UNITED fans made the longest away trip in English football, just to see their side lose 3-0 at the hands of GATESHEAD.

It wasn't the most convincing 3-0 victory, however, as the scoring was opened with a Ryan Higgins own goal on 19 minutes.

Richard Peniket doubled the Tynesiders' lead before another own goal, this time from Myles Anderson, meant the Gulls left the Gateshead International Stadium with their heads in their hands.

BOREHAM WOOD recorded their first win of the season, with a 4-1 drubbing of SOLIHULL MOORS.

Fiacre Kelleher opened the scoring for the Moors but this was cancelled out just two minutes later, as Jamie Turley scrambled home to equalise.

Goals from Bruno Andrade, Paul Benson and Angelo Balanta gave Boreham Wood their first three points of the season, whilst Solihull Moors remain the only team to have not recorded any points.

An Adi Yussuf cracker and a Jordan White double gave BARROW a convincing 3-0 victory at Holker Street over WOKING.

Yussuf curled the ball in from 25 yards to give the hosts the lead before White doubled and tripled the lead to move Barrow up to 12th.

DOVER ATHLETIC continued their positive start to the season as they defeated WREXHAM 1-0 at the Crabble.

Ryan Bird was the only scorer as Dover recorded their second win of the season.

MACCLESFIELD TOWN and BROMLEY both maintained unbeaten starts to the season as they played out a 0-0 draw at Moss Rose

Noe Baba almost produced a spectacular moment late on, but it wasn't enough for the hosts to open the scoring.

CHESTER and FC HALIFAX TOWN also played out a 0-0 draw, as the hosts recorded their second draw in as many games.

The best chance came late on when Chester's James Akintunde attempted to curl one into the top corner, only to be spectacularly denied by Halifax goalkeeper Sam Johnson.

Thanks for reading this week's National League Round-Up. You can follow my Twitter @BullionsCFC to find out when they will next be posted!