Amazon Prime hosts the first midweek fixtures of the Premier League season, this round kicks off the busiest month of the year and teams hopes can be strengthened or smashed to pieces! With the quick turnaround I have kept my preview to the Three “PRIME” points.
Newcastle United v Norwich City
- If Newcastle cannot beat Norwich at St James Park then they will not win a game in December. Staying up will be nigh on impossible.
- Saint-Maximin is a match winner for the home side but who can take on that role for the Canaries? They have functional forwards but a game changer could be the missing link in helping them stay up a?
- The last time these sides played in November in the PL was 2013, the game was at St James Park and the home side won 2-1. One player from that fixture will be playing Tuesday but this time for the visitors, Tim Krul.
FPL PLAYER TO WATCH – Joelinton £5.8m
BET SELECT – Newcastle win
Leeds United v Crystal Palace
- Elland Road under the floodlights is a special place, the fans will deliver the noise the players need to obtain the three points. Four points minimum from these two home games in a row.
- Four points from nine since the Man City win is disappointing from Palace, they was the team on the rise. Zaha and Gallagher need to reclaim their form, both would be ideal fits in Bielsa’s system.
- Illan Mesler has been one of the highlights of the Leeds season so far, the young Frenchman looks so much more comfortable this term and will be aiming for consecutive clean sheets.
FPL PLAYER TO WATCH – Luke Milivojevic £5.4m
BET SELECT – Double chance, Leeds or Palace
Sputhampton v Leicester City
- The big match up in this game is the Leicester attack against the Saints defence but the deciding factor will be if the forwards for Southampton can score at least once.
- What will the reception be like for ex Saints Ryan Bertrand and Jannik Vestergaard?
- Leicester’s season needs to kick on if it’s going to emulate previous ones, two wins on the bounce now is a great start.
FPL PLAYER TO WATCH – James Maddison £6m
BET SELECT – Leicester win
Watford v Chelsea
- Ranieri v Tuchel seems like a contrast in styles and a mismatch, Wed night will be interesting.
- Alonso at left back will give Watford hope, their pacy forwards will look to attack that side of the pitch.
- Lukaku will be aiming to start this game, his return will be a massive boost.
FPL PLAYER TO WATCH – Ruban Loftus Cheek £5.4m
BET SELECT – Chelsea win and over 3.5 goals
West Ham v Brighton & Hove Albion
- Soucek has been underwhelming so far this term, solid but his influence in the air defending and attacking changes the narrative games. Dominating needs to be on the menu again?
- West Ham have never beaten Brighton in the Premier League, to halt a two game losing run the history of the fixture needs to change.
- Saturday nights game showed Tariq Lamptey is a superstar but the club desperately need to find a goal scorer.
FPL PLAYER TO WATCH – Tariq Lamptey £4.4m
BET SELECT – West Ham win
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Burnley
- Both sides enter this fixture with only one defeat in five but importantly Burnley remain in 18th.
- Cornet has been a revelation and many PL sides must be kicking themselves they did not bid for him.
- The heavyweight battle in this game will be Woods v Jimenez, the winner will lead his team to victory.
FPL PLAYER TO WATCH – Maxwel Cornet £6.1m
BET SELECT – Draw
Aston Villa v Manchester City
- Can Gerrard win three in a row? As a manager this is his toughest test by a long way!
- Jack Grealish will be desperate to play a part in this match.
- The Holte End will be bouncing, discipline from the Villa players is vital. A home player sent off seems like a sure thing.
FPL PLAYER TO WATCH – Anwar El Ghazi £5.6m
BET SELECT – Manchester City and over 2.5 goals
Everton v Liverpool
- Not the fixture Everton would like off the back of current form but the players can redeem some fan favour by winning this one.
- Mo Salah came 7th for the Ballon d’Or which is scandalous especially considering Messi win it. The shot of confidence Toffee defence will be fearing the worst.
- Rafa returning to the Merseyside derby will dominate the tv coverage but so far his return to England has shown that his tactics could be outdated?
FPL PLAYER TO WATCH – Andros Townsend £5.5m
BET SELECT – Liverpool win to nil
Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford
- Like every game for the Bees it’s their first PL match up with each team but they faced Spurs in the Carabao Cup last year so the newly rebuilt White Hart Lane will not be a mystery.
- Is Thursday night the time Kane scores in the league, Brentford have a knack of delivering good fortune for those down on their luck.
- Thursday nights have been cruel to Spurs in Europe, will the different competition help?
FPL PLAYER TO WATCH – Tanguy Ndombele £5.8m
BET SELECT – Over 2.5 goals
Manchester United v Arsenal
- This could be Rangnicks first game in charge and at home, Peps apprentice Arteta is surely facing the German at the right time before his influence hits home.
- Sancho could now be fulfilling his price tag, the South London will want to put one over North London.
- Ramsdale has impressed all watchers since taking over from Leno, this fixture is another audition for the England job.
FPL PLAYER TO WATCH – Nicholas Pepe £6.9m
BET SELECT – Man Utd win
If squads are big enough, rotation could commence during this match week, otherwise your teams players will be taking part in survival of the fittest. The acca for the selections above is 2295.56/1. Good Luck if you follow my picks surely Amazon Prime week will deliver a win for the Acca.